Day 2: Sewing Marathon (SCRUNCHIES)

Hello!! Welcome to day 2 of my sewing marathon! In today's post I will show you how to make scrunchies!

ITEMS NEEDED:
~ 4x15 in stretchy fabric
~ 7 in elastic ( I use 1/4 in elastic because I feel it works best!)
~ scissors 
~ 2 safety pins
~sewing machine/ thread

Let's get started!
First get all the items you need.
1. Cut your fabric and elastic.
2.Fold like a hot dog (long ways) so that the print or color is on the inside. Sew along the long edge in a straight line.
3. Take your safety pin and pin it on one end of your fabric piece. Push your safety pin to the end so that all of the fabric is on the safety pin. Find the safety pin and pull. Now the fabric should be right side out.
4.Put a safety pin at the end of the elastic then, put the safety pin in the fabric. At the other end of your elastic, hook another safety pin on it and hook it onto the fabric with the elastic on it. There should be safety pins and elastic at both ends.
5.  If you have wider elastic,when ready to sew, take safety pins out but be careful not to loose the elastic lay the ends of elastic on top of each other and sew over them about 5 times so they stay. If you have elastic that I use...... take the ends of elastic, tie them once, tie again but before pulling tight take one end and loop it through twice. the elastic should be tight so you can use it as a scrunchie. Almost finished!
6. Take both ends of fabric, take one end and put in IN the other end just a bit, so you can only see one end. 
7. Sew the 2 ends together 2-3 times with a back stitch. You're done! You made a scrunchie!

I love making these! They are so fun! Have any questions or comments?? Have you ever made scrunchies?? Comment down below!!

See you tomorrow,
~Maddie <3

Comments

  1. Oh, these look fun! Only one question: what are the units for the fabric? I'm assuming inches. I'll have to get out and get some fabric and elastic for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are very fun!! The fabric is 4×15 in inches! Thanks for asking. I hope you try them out!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh I should make this! I dont have any scrunchies and making my own sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would love to send you one!!! They are very fun and easy to make!!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE scrunchies!!!! I am going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making scrunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey madds it’s Sadie I would try to be in your Marathon but my sewing machine broke πŸ˜• lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie!!! Once you get your sewing machine fixed, you should try and make these items!!
      I hope you get it fixed soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

why i started my small business!