Grand Canyon || Sept. 2020

 So, as I said, in a few posts back, I went to the Grand Canyon and I would have a post coming up on it. Well, here is that post. I typed and essasy about the Grand Canyon so I just copied and pasted. Here you go!

In September, 2020, my family and I drove to Meadview, Arizona. We drove 5 hours to get to a house. I was with 12 other people in my family.

The roads were busy at first but, that's because we were on the highway. Once we were about and hour and a half in, the roads were becoming more normal, not very many cars. The roads were smooth with a couple of bumps. I rode with my Gigi's (mom's mother) boyfriend. We listened to all different types of music, but it was cool to hear all the different types there is. Once we were about 2-3 hours in, we saw a lot of cattle crossing signs... but no cattle! We hardly passes any gas stations, food stores, or any stores. The only things we saw were mountains, cacti, and some “trees.”

After 5 hours of driving, we made it to the house. The house was nice and big. There were 2 parts to the house. The house and the apartment. Both of them together hold up to 25 people! My family and I got the apartment. There were 3 bunk-beds, 2 beds, and a couch. My sister and I got one bunk-bed and my brother got another. My mom and step-dad got the beds. There is also a garage that got turned into a game room! There was corn-hole, foose-ball, connect 4, shuffle board, a poker table, and washers. Washers and the shuffleboard is where I spent most of my time at the house.

The next day, we left around 10am (MST) to go to the Grand Canyon. It took about 45 minutes to get there. When you got there you had to walk in the big doors into a gift shop that goes to a counter to pay. After we paid, we had to ride a bus to the top of the Grand Canyon. When you got to the top, it was all open .No guard rail or any “watchers.” We did see one watcher that said to stand 10 feet back. We saw on the internet about 2 weeks before we went,a lady got too close and fell off the edge. Also, too add to the deaths, the has been about 64 deaths at the Grand Canyon due to no guard rail. While we were walking, the weather wasn't too cold or too hot.

According to National Park Service, “Scientists know that the Colorado River formed the grand Canyon. The age of the river falls between the rocks determined to be older than the river and those determined to be younger. Through this method, scientists have estimated an age for the river, and thus the canyon through which it flows, to be about 5-6 million years old.” The Grand Canyon is located in the North West of Arizona. Close to the border of Utah and Nevada. There are a few areas at the Grand Canyon, but we visited the Hualapia Indian Tribe. They are Indians that own that area.

Since we were on the Indian tribe, there were teepees. You could walk into them. They were pretty neat. Some of them had fire-pits on the outside. They were in different shapes and sizes. Some of the shapes included square, rectangle, and a few cone shaped. The Indians used the teepees to sleep in, cook in, and to use as an infirmary.

My feelings were going crazy at that point. They went from scared to amazed to having fun, and so many more.

We rode buses to the different areas of the Grand Canyon. There were two locations. The first one we went to was all open and scary. The Grand Canyon is very deep. I couldn't imagine falling into the big hole. We got a family picture at that area with the Grand Canyon in the back. The Sky Walk was also at this location. The Sky Walk is built over the Grand Canyon. It has a glass floor that you can see through the glass, down into the Grand Canyon. To go on the Sky Walk, you have to put brown cloths over your shoes so you don't scratch, or break the glass. There is also a photographer on the Sky Walk, so you can get pictures if you wanted, but to get the pictures, you have to pay for them and they are expensive.

The second location had an old mine shaft. It doesn't work because of it being so old. The mine shaft was used to carry the mined coal back from down in the canyon. Here on this location, thy had a place where you could buy food and use the restroom. In the food place you could get bottled drinks, soda, coffee, chips, hot dogs, ice cream and some other goodies! While we were eating, I was trying to take in God's creation! He, our Creator, made this huge hole and everything around it. There were not many colors. Shades of brown and red, but there were a few trees growing on the edges of the Grand Canyon which gave it some color along with patches of grass. Also, there were a lot of birds flying around eating scraps that people dropped while eating. There was a sign that said, “ Do not feed the birds,” though some people still did!

When we were done on this location, we rode the bus back down to where we started. When we got down, we went into the gift shop. My siblings and I all got a dream catcher and my sister and brother each got a snow globe. We left, and went back to where we were staying. It was cool, but I wouldn't want to go again. I encourage you to go sometime if you can, for a fun experience!

When we got back to the house, we ate and played games in the garage. When we woke up, we packed up and drove back to my aunt and uncle's house!

I hope you enjoy my litttle essay about my Grand Canyon trip! 

                                       In Christ, Mddie

Comments

  1. Great post Maddie, it was so fun to learn more about your Arizona trip *slightly jealous* 😆
    Hope you have a great rest of your December!! Merry CHRISTmas!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! OH, you too! Merry Christmas!! :) <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

why i started my small business!