My Counseling Experience // July 2022

 Hello friends! In my last post I mentioned about me being able to counsel at my church camp! I couldn't leave you guys hanging, and I wanted to write about my experience. Out of the 5 weeks of summer we have church camp, the week I counseled (pioneer week) was only 3 days, July 6-8. And thank goodness it was only 3 days. I was exhausted! It was very fun, and I'm excited to share my experience! 

To start it off, my cabin was beautifully decorated by the head counselor of the cabin, Erika! Erika and Karlie are the two Godly ladies I got to counsel and bond with in our cabin. 

We had 13 young girls (aged from entering grade 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) in our cabin that was named 'Moss' since the camp was created in mid 1900's. Throughout the week, I bonded with a lot of the girls, and the girls made new friends. I didn't know any of the girls that were in my cabin, and I felt truly blessed! It was hard to learn all of their names, but by the end of the week, their names were stuck to me like glue. It was great to get to know them, and their story and how I can be praying for them. 

Our camp theme for all five weeks was "Be the Light," and out theme verse was Matthew 5:14 ESV which says, "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden." Seeing all of the young children share their light around camp was amazing for me to see. Seeing the other counselors work with their campers gave me a lot of joy throughout the days. 

We have a lot of activities at camp. From early in the morning at breakfast, we then head to chapel to worship and hear our lesson from a Pastor. We then head to which outdoor activity is planned for that day. After outdoor time we head to lunch, then more activities, and then a local lake for swimming! We ride back to camp, get cleaned up, and then head to some yummy dinner. From dinner we go to chapel again to worship! A few of the nights we have a campfire and enjoy our time in nature. After our long day, we head back to our cabin to do our devotional and have cabin time. Then it's lights out! 

I love spending my time at camp bonding with all the other counselors and even campers. The staff is beyond amazing for everything they do in the five weeks, and outside of the five weeks to keep camp clean and welcoming. 


Now that you know how my week at camp counseling, go BE THE LIGHT! 

in christ, 

       maddie 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why i started my small business!

{Simply How To Series} i n t r o